What You Need To Know: Before the Semester Begins
Your students have access to your online course space A WEEK before classes start.
Please remember to:
We are here in BUR 119 to work with you to get your course ready to go. Please take advantage of our services.
How To Retain Students:
COURSE Tools and Actions:
The Sloan C Consortium, Educause and the OpenSUNY research have shown that incorporating the following tools will help your students remain in your course, whether face to face or online. If you do not incorporate any of the following tools, your retention rate is bound to be poor. To ensure happy students and a successful run of your course, please consider these five checkpoints to ensure a productive semester for everyone involved.
Click Here to Read More
Registration with the new system is easier than the previous system, and does not require you to reboot your device to complete the registration. You will need to renew your registration every ten days. To connect your wireless device to the wireless network, follow these steps:
- Use your device's wireless settings to connect to the "SUNY Ulster" wireless network.
- On most newer devices, your device will automatically take you to the registration page. Some devices, particularly those with older operating systems, may not do this automatically. If your device does not take you to the registration page, you can get there by opening your browser and going to http://wifi.sunyulster.edu
- Once at the registration page, you must fill in the check box at the bottom to accept the terms and conditions, then click the Next button.
- At the next screen, enter your network/portal username and password. Then click "Sign In"
- On the next page, click the "Continue" button. You should now see a message indicating that you are successfully registered.
Open SUNY COTE Quality Course Review:
This is a checklist put forth by Open SUNY. You can review the list to double check ways to keep your students informed.